Piano solo - Level 3
Composed by Erik Satie (1866-1925). Edited by Jens Rosteck. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Performance score.
Text language: German, English. Notes on performance practice by Steffen Schleiermacher.
The atmospheric cycle "Avant-dernieres Pensees" (Next-to-last Thoughts) of 1915, with its underlaid words, likewise belongs to Satie's 'story pieces'.
The curious performance instructions in these three miniatures, all based on ostinato figures, amusingly lampoon the ideal of Romantic expressiveness.
This Urtext edition faithfully adheres to the sources and reflects the latest findings of Satie scholarship. It contains translations of all of Satie's French texts, practical page-turns, notes on performance practice by Satie specialist Steffen Schleiermacher and an informative Foreword.
The pieces range from an easy to moderate level of difficulty and provide an ideal additional varied repertoire for teaching purposes.
* Urtext edition based on all the sources and latest research findings
* Easy to moderately difficult pieces
* Ideal for teaching purposes
* Optimum page-turns
* Translations of all of Satie's French texts (Ger/Eng)
* Notes on performance practice (Ger/Eng)
* Informative Forewords (Ger/Eng) and Critical Commentaries (Eng).