Designed for the busy student who enjoys piano and wants to achieve success, this series teaches the essentials of piano playing: reading, theory, rhythm, musicianship, technique, composition, and composer information— all in one book! The terrific motivational music by multiple composers uses a traditional reading approach that focuses on steps, skips and repeated notes in the beginning levels. Interesting and fun activities teach strong theory, rhythm, ear training, and creativity skills. Basic technique is taught in an easy manner and reinforced through visual icons, helping students develop excellent technique from the very beginning. Students learn how to listen with the help of visual icons and follow-up “student-centered” questions. Students learn how to practice through specific practice steps before each piece. The play-along CD includes practice tracks and orchestral background accompaniments that provide the perfect way for students to enjoy their practice at home. Perfect for a 30-minute lesson.
* Integrates Lesson, Technique, Theory, and Composition under one affordable cover
* Enriching learning experience ensures student success
* Solid pedagogy
* Traditional and intervallic reading
* Easy to follow
* Practice steps clearly presented
* Students easily understand concepts
* Musicality is reinforced
* Students learn about classical composers
* Students learn how to practice and how to listen.