Little Mozarts is an annual music competition, which is open to junior and intermediate levels for all instrumentalists, vocalists, and duets.
This unique juried music competition for 3-14 years old gives young children the opportunity to perform and receive their first applause. All participants will perform in Carnegie Hall in New York, Caldwell College, NJ and Edward M. Pickman Concert Hall at Longy School of Music, MA. All participants receive Certificates of participation.
The goal of Crescendo Competitions is to encourage and motivate young musicians and make music a more significant part of their life.
* Canadian applicants should refer to the following contacts regarding information about Auditions and Recitals:
* British Columbia applicants should refer to Mrs. Rebecca Cheng CrescendoCompetition@TomLeeMusic.Ca
Little Mozarts Music Competition is open to all instrumentalists, duets, ensembles and vocalists ages 3 – 14.
All contestants will play in one of the two categories Junior (Elementary) or Intermediate.
A. An original copy of the application must be submitted via one of two options:
1. Mail. We ask that you do not send the application by certified mail, and we would like to remind you that handwritten applications will not be accepted.
2. E-mailed crescendo competition @tomleemusic.ca to avoid any misspelling and legibility issues, we prefer to receive applications in electronic format. Kindly specify payment type (check number or money order) in the upper right corner of the application.
B. A non-refundable registration fee of 75.00 USD money orders should be made payable to Crescendo Competitions, Inc., and are to be submitted along with the completed application(s) to: Rebecca Cheng Crescendo International Competition, Tom Lee Music Academy, 929 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1L3
C. Applications must be postmarked by February 5, 2014. Late Fee: $40. Registration will be closed on February 12, 2014. Applications received after February 12, 2014 won't be accepted.
D. The deadline for the submission of video/audio recordings for foreign applicants is February 5, 2014.
Please use application forms attached.
One selection (performed by memory) of any composer (Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Modern) in Elementary or Intermediate Levels. We accept John Thompson, John W. Schaum Piano Course, Faber & Faber and Guild Repertoire.
Note: Dear colleagues, please avoid Beethoven’s “Fur Elise” and I movement of Beethoven’s Sonata No 14.
Classification of Divisions: (using Royal Conservatory Exam Guidelines)
Junior Division: Beginner to RCM Grade 4
Intermediate Division: RCM Grade 5 and above
Performance time should not exceed 6 minutes. If your performance time is greater them 6 min, you will be charged an extra $100 for every additional minute in accordance to Carnegie Hall regulations.
Auditions will be held at the following locations:
Tom Lee Music Recital Hall, Tom Lee Music Academy, 929 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC
- .The original score will be given by the judge. No make ups will be allowed, and the ruling passed by the judge will be final.
- Contestants must wear proper attire.
- No parents, teachers or friends are allowed during audition.
- Neither videotaping nor recording are permitted during audition.
- For out of town applicants, you may submit audio/video recording with the applications before the deadline to the Coordinator.
- For details of the auditions, please contact the local co-coordinator, Rebecca Cheng at Tom Lee Music Academy. 604-688-8929:
First and Second place honors perform on April 13, 2014 at Carnegie Hall, 154 West 57th Street, New York, NY.
Third place honors perform on March 9, 2014 at Tom Lee Music Recital Hall
Carnegie Hall - $225USD (incl. 4 complimentary tickets). Additional ticket - $50 ea.
Tom Lee Music Recital Hall - $40USD (incl. 4 complimentary tickets). Additional ticket - $10 ea.
All contestants must confirm their participation before March 1, 2014
Based on the judge’s evaluations, and considering the participant’s age, complexity of musical selection, and years of practice, we award our cash prizes, certificates, and medals or trophies.
First Place Honor
Second Place Honor
Third Place Honor
PRIZES (monetary grants).
Cash reward fund of Crescendo International Competition now over 8,000 USD.
Grand Prize $250
First Prize $200
Second Prize $100
Third Prize $50
Additionally, 300 Cash prizes will be awarded to "Best Performance" within the performer's respective age group,
Additional tickets will be available for sale at the entrance.
To request tickets from Crescendo Festivals’ Box office call (973) 599-0221.