- Velocity Sensitive Synth Keys
- Pitch Bend And Mod Wheel
- 1 Assignable Fader
- 4 Assignable Knobs
- 3-character Led Display
- Foot Switch Input Jack
- Usb Class-compliant
- Includes Studio One Artist
Masterkey 25 Portable Controller
The Masterkey 25 USB MIDI controller keyboard opens the gate to portable computer music creation and delivers the control you need to unlock your creativity. The 25 velocity sensitive keys have a dynamic and fast response ideal for programming bass lines, drums or ripping synth moves. Use any standard MIDI software program or the included Presonus Studio One Artist. The compact and light design is perfect for mobile applications, wherever your music takes you. Real-time controls such as the four knobs and the fader can be used to control instrument or mix parameters, even while you play. Professional-style pitch bend and modulation wheels allow you to add further articulation. The 3-digit LED display provides navigational feedback so it's quick and easy to find the right menus for changing MIDI channels, sending out program changes, transposing or programming the real time controls. And if 25 keys are not enough, press the octave up and down buttons to shift the keyboard range up or down instantly. Installation is straightforward, too. Simply plug Masterkey 25 into a USB port on your computer and the operating system will do the rest. Masterkey 25 is USB class-compliant, which means that no driver is needed for supported operating systems.
- 25 note, velocity sensitive, synth-style keyboard
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels (assignable)
- 1 assignable fader
- 4 assignable knobs for real time control
- 3-character red LED segment display
- 1 sustain foot switch input jack, type-sensing (foot switch not included)
- Quick-toggle between real-time functions Octave, Transpose, Program Change and MIDI Channel
- Advanced MIDI functions
- USB class-compliant. No driver needed
- Includes Presonus Studio One™ Artist
Get a grip
The pitch bend / modulation wheels and the fader cap have a rubberized coating that provides additional grip, minimizing the chance of performers losing their grip. They look great and feel great on the fingertips too.
By default two buttons below the LED display operate as octave shift buttons -/+ extending the range of the keyboard 4 octaves up and 3 octaves down. The buttons can in addition be assigned to control Transpose, Program Change or MIDI Channel providing a total of 4 options. Press the two buttons at the same time, then scroll through the options using the - or + button until you have found the one you want.
Masterkey 25 is easy to connect. One USB cable handles data transfer to your computer and also provides the power. It's also USB class compliant, so driver installation is not needed. All you have to do is switch the power button to On! An input jack is also available for an optional sustain pedal. Masterkey 25 automatically detects the polarity of the footswitch you connect, so any standard pedal can be used. If you don't have a pedal, check out the FP-1 and FP-2 pedals at the bottom of this page.
Assigning Controllers and Edit
Masterkey 25 would not be a controller keyboard without its real-time controls and the ability to assign MIDI CC's to each of them. Thanks to the LED display it's easy too. Once in Edit mode, pressing the black keys will show the various menu options. No need to refer to the manual or a keyboard chart, it's all there in the display. Select the key for assigning MIDI CC's and type in the number. It's that easy.
Presonus Studio One™ Artist
Studio One™ Artist is a powerful recording and production platform that lets you work quickly and stay focused on your inspiration. Incredibly easy to learn, it offers unlimited tracks and plug-ins and delivers features not normally found in entry-level DAWs. Access powerful editing tools without wading through menus. Load and save audio clips, MIDI files, effects, and VIs by drag-and-drop. Need an instrument, effects plug-in, or drum loop? Just drag what you need from the content Browser, drop it into the arrangement, and everything is taken care of.
At mixdown, process your tracks using more than 20 high-quality Native Effects; Studio One's cutting-edge mix engine delivers stunning results. Studio One makes it easy! No other entry-level DAW is this easy to use, yet offers unlimited tracks and plug-in instantiations, extensive use of drag-and-drop, and in-depth editing features. Best of all, Studio One Artist is included with your Masterkey 49 USB keyboard!
Studio One™ Artist Main Features:
- Elegant single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available
- Real-time audio time-stretching and re-sampling
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- Instantly configures to PreSonus audio interfaces
- Compatible with ASIO-, Windows Audio-, and Core Audio-compliant audio interfaces
- 25 Native Effects™ 32-bit effects and virtual instrument plug-ins
- 4+ GB of third-party software, loops, and instruments